Applicants for this position must be a Wisconsin resident and military veteran who served on active duty under honorable conditions, per Wisconsin Statute 45.80, 45.01(12), and 45.02(2).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to understand and interpret federal and state statutes, laws, regulations and administrative codes relating to veterans, their dependents and survivors.
- Knowledge of federal and state entitlements provided to veterans, spouses and dependents, including eligibility criteria and application and reporting procedures.
- Knowledge of resources available to veterans and the federal, state, and county laws regulating their administration. Knowledge of veterans programs and issues impacting the needs of and services to veterans.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to establish and maintain rapport and confidence with veterans and their dependents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public and other employees.
- Skill in interviewing and counseling; in interfacing with other county departments so that service of the veteran’s may be coordinated with other county services.