The Burnett County Forest was established in 1932 and covers more than 111,000 acres today. Through investment and management by the county with assistance from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, the lands have recovered from past destructive fires and failed farms and matured into productive forests, rich in species diversity and natural features. This large-land base includes a broad variety of landscapes, forest vegetation, water resources, soils, and trails.
For more information, please see Chapter 100
the Comprehensive Land Use Plan.