Burnett County is accepting applications for a Zoning Specialist II. This is a position that provides support to the Land Services Department by specializing in Land Use/POWTS related functions.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Serves as the main contact for POWTS Permits and Land Use Permits.
- Coordinate and communicate with multiple employees, departments, agencies and customers on Land Use/POWTS related issues.
- Review and approve POWTS and Land Use permit applications.
- Inspect projects for compliance with design standards, setbacks, floodplains, etc.
- Answer questions and provide information to customers in relation to Land Use and POWTS issues.
- Investigate and reconcile various compliance matters.
- Maintain records in various computer programs.
- Submit required reports/forms in a timely manner as required.
- Assist as needed with Land Services Department duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a Land or Physical Science Related Discipline (e.g. Natural Resources, Environmental Management, Geography, etc.), along with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of POWTS construction and design, along with knowledge of soil types, colors, and textures.
- POWTS Inspector and CST credentials required, or able to be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong math aptitude, and an understanding of basic surveying/engineering practices, and real estate.
- Excellent communications skills, and the ability to handle difficult situations, including various compliance matters related to Land Use.