Certified copies of vital records can be obtained from our office in-person or by mail.
Vital Record Certificate Cost
- First Copy - $20
- Additional copies - $3 each
- Birth Record Application (PDF)
- Death Record Application (PDF)
- Marriage Record Application (PDF)
- Domestic Partnership Record Application (PDF)
- Domestic Partnership Termination Application (PDF)
- Divorce Certificate Application (PDF) (Divorce records not available from the Register of Deeds office for events prior to January 1, 2016)
In A Rush?
Or order vital records by email and pay with your credit or debit card. Here's how:
- Complete the vital record request application form and print it out.
- Sign and date the form.
- Scan the form and a clear image of your appropriate identification (usually driver's license or state issued ID or see page two of application for other acceptable forms of identification).
- Email form and image of ID to Jeanine Chell
- Call us at 715-349-2183 and give us your credit or debit card information to pay for your certified copies. Note: Credit/Debit cards will be charged a $1.50 service fee up to $50. Additional service charge of $1.50 applies if over $50.
- Certified copies will be mailed to you via United States Postal Service (USPS).
Burnett County Certificate Issuance
|Event||Occurred in Burnett County||Occurred in Other Wisconsin County|
|Birth||All||October 1, 1907 through Present|
|Death||All||September 1, 2013 through Present|
|Marriage||All||October 1, 1907 through Present|
|Divorce||January 1, 2016 through Present||January 1, 2016 through Present|
|Tribal Marriage and Divorce||N/A||January 1, 2016 through Present|