Partisan County Candidates are elected in the Fall Election in even-numbered years for two-year or four-year terms, depending on the office, and begin their term on the first Monday in January following the election.
Registration for Candidates
To be a candidate on the ballot for a Partisan County position in the Fall Election, a campaign registration statement, a declaration of candidacy, and nomination papers are to be completed and filed with the County Clerk. Candidate Checklist
Forms and manuals are available online at the The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board Website. Forms Publications
Campaign Registration Statement
- Form GAB-1 (to be filed before collecting signatures)
Declaration of Candidacy
- Form GAB-162 (must be filed for name to be placed on the ballot)
- Form GAB-168
- Must gain the necessary signatures no sooner than June 1 preceding the election and may be filed no later than 5:00 pm the second Tuesday of July preceding the election or the next day if Tuesday is a holiday.
- Obtain at least 200, but not more than 400, signatures of voters qualified to vote in the county.
- Must have the certification of circulator completed (on the bottom of each form), after obtaining the signatures, by the person who circulated the paper and personally obtained signatures.