Restore Your Shore-This brochure describes programs and information to assist you in restoring your shoreline.
Preserve Your Shore - This application signs up for the program described below.
A natural shoreline is a healthy, vibrant place for people, birds, and fish alike. The Burnett County Shoreline Incentives Program encourages preservation and restoration of natural shorelines. Natural shorelines provide many benefits:
• keep the water clean by filtering runoff and holding the soil in place
• provide a home for a diversity of creatures
• create natural, northwoods beauty
• allow you to access and enjoy the water
Burnett County provides incentives to encourage restoring or preserving your waterfront as a natural shoreline. Over 600 parcels have been enrolled in the Burnett County Shoreline Incentives Program since it began in the year 2000. Owners of these parcels receive an annual property tax credit in return for ensuring permanent protection for the shoreline zone. Incentives provided for each parcel enrolled in the Shoreline Incentives Program
• An annual property tax credit of $50
• An enrollment payment of $250
• A free visit with a natural landscape expert
• Planting plans to restore a natural shoreline
• Payments that cover 70% of the cost of plants and materials
• An exclusive shirt or cap that identifies you as a Shoreline Incentives participant
• An optional sign to post at the water’s edge
Interested in joining the hundreds of property owners who are creating a legacy of natural shorelines in the Burnett County northwoods?
Contact the Burnett County Land and Water Conservation Department to arrange a free visit: Call 715-349-2186 or email the LWCD Department.