Running For Nonpartisan Office
Nonpartisan county supervisor candidates are elected in the Spring Election in even-numbered years for a two-year term beginning the third Tuesday in April following the election.
Registration for Candidates
To be a candidate on the ballot for a nonpartisan county supervisor position in the Spring Election, a campaign registration statement, a declaration of candidacy, and nomination papers are to be completed and filed with the County Clerk by 5:00 pm on the first Tuesday in January preceding the election or the next day if Tuesday is a holiday. Candidate Checklist
The following forms are available at the County Clerk's Office and online at The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board Website.
Campaign Registration Statement
- Form GAB-1 (to be filed before collecting signatures)
Declaration of Candidacy
- Form GAB-162 (must be filed for name to be placed on the ballot)
- Form GAB-169
- Must gain the necessary signatures no sooner than December 1 preceding the election and may be filed no later than 5:00 pm on the first Tuesday of January preceding the election or the next day if Tuesday is a holiday.
- Obtain at least 20, but not more than 100, signatures of voters qualifed to vote in the county supervisory district.
- Must have the certification of circulator (on the bottom of each form) completed, after obtaining the signatures, by the person who circulated the paper and personally obtained signatures.