Can I ride my ATV/UTV on the Gandy Dancer Trail?
ATV/UTV use is NOT allowed on the Gandy Dancer Trail south of State Highway 77 from April 1 through November 30 each year.

From December 1 through March 31, and once trails are open, ATVs and UTVs may ride from Tewalt Road, (which is just south of Siren), and continue north in Burnett County. Check for openings and closures, and sign up for email or text notifications, by following the link below.

The northern segment of the trail allows ATVs & UTVs and begins north of State Highway 77 in Danbury crossing over the St. Croix River to Minnesota. For more information, please contact Pine County, MN Gandy Dancer Information at 218-485-5410.

Trail Updates

Forest and Parks

Show All Answers

1. Am I able to cut firewood on Burnett County Forest Land?
2. Can I purchase a camping, firewood, or Christmas tree permits over the phone?
3. Is camping allowed on Burnett County Forest Land?
4. Who do I contact to rent the pavilion at Crooked Lake Park?
5. Do I need a bike pass to use the Gandy Dancer Trail?
6. Where can I get a Burning Permit?
7. Where can I ride my off-road motorcycle?
8. When and where can I ride my snowmobile/ATV/UTV?
9. What are the state definitions of an ATV or UTV?
10. Where can I get a map of the Burnett County Forest Lands?
11. Where can I get a trail map?
12. Where can I get a map of the ATV township routes?
13. Can I ride my ATV/UTV on the Gandy Dancer Trail?
14. Who do I talk to about bear, deer, or any other wildlife issue?
15. How do I put my land into the Managed Forest Program?
16. Is it legal to hunt on Burnett County Forest Lands?
17. The tree in my backyard is dying, who should I talk to?
18. May I cut a Christmas Tree from the Burnett County Forest?